🌳Cinnamon and Chia Oatmeal 🌳 •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I ran out of smoothie ingredients and eggs – thought I would wing it with Oatmeal. This was a risky decision, my kids have never had porridge/cereal and busy mornings are certainly not the time and place to try new things. Needless to say these oats with cinnamon, honey and Goji Berries went down a treat.
And what am I making this morning again Oatmeal! What makes me more happy is that it only takes 10min to make – I don&039;t have time for lengthy breakfast prep my mind is already thinking about my program when I get to office, and besides that I need to come up with a new Spider-Man story to tell – to speed up our morning routine (kids don&039;t like to be rushed, you need to pretend like you have all the time in the world 😎). •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Here you go 10min Oatmeal:
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1. 1 cup oats (i use gluten free oats from @nairns or @natureschoicesa
2. 1 tbsp chia seeds
3. 1 tsp cinnamon
4. Pinch of sea salt
5. 3 cups of water, non-dairy milk or a blend of both
6. Toppings – Honey, Goji Berries, Almond Butter and Walnuts are in the mix today. ️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
1. Add oats, chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt to a pot. Add water and stir to combine. Heat over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Stiring the oats several times while cooking. You’ll know the oatmeal is done when all the liquid is absorbed and the oats are nice and thick.
2. Portion the oats into bowls and serve with your chosen toppings
Photo by: ___.katinka.___