Main dish served at the brunch a-la Russe organized for SA Garden & Home was slow-cooked pork cheeks with barberries and sautéed cabbage. We&039;re sharing this delicious recipe here for you try it out.
1. Pre-heat oven to 150-160 C
2. Soak barberries in a cup of hot boiled water for about 30 minutes.
3. Place the pork cheeks in a casserole, season with salt and pepper.
4. Add honey and olive oil and mix well. Place the fennel around the meat.
5. Add the stock and wine and pour over the water with barberries.
6. Slow cook for about 4-5 hours until extremely tender. Add water if needed.
7. When the pork cheeks still have got about an hour to go start cooking the cabbage. Heat another spoonful of oil in a pot over medium heat. Add cranberries and cook until soft (add a little water if needed). 8. Add chopped cabbage and sauté until soft but still bright in color. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed and add a dash of lemon juice if you&039;d like.
9. Serve the pork cheeks with cabbage on the side and spoon over some juice from the casserole.
Enjoy with an ice cold BelugaVodka
Photo by: belugavodkasa